Friday 21 January 2011

mmmmm yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

I think I did it again.....

Sorry, I watched the Glee Britney special last night and it's in my head. I want to be very clear that I hate bubblegum teen dramas. High School Musical and Hannah Montana have a lot to answer for if you ask me. I am a closet Twilight fan, granted but then I've always had a thing for creepy tales and vampire flicks. Buffy and I would have been good friends. Although personally I think I'm more Faith than Buffy.

Glee has bitten me though. My initial reaction was repulsion: all beautiful 'teenagers' with perfect teeth and waily voices. Then I realised they're taking the piss? Oh, that's ok then, I'll hum along now. Sue is a personal hero and I have to admit I do have some Glee on my ipod that I have been known to regail commuters with.

I've been enjoying life. I'm in the process of moving to North London, which is great for those ambly mooches round London and peering in food shops that I so love. I'm also knitting, of course. I have almost finished my Pom Pom hat to match my Antler mitts. I have to say, I've really enjoyed both patterns. And the Coldharbour Mill Yarn I'm working in is great; so low cost and really nice to work with. Ok, it's not baby soft like some others but it's not scratchy either and I feel it won't pill. I'm thinking about finishing off the pom pom hat with leftover yarn from my Mum's socks. I hate those odds and ends- what do you do with them?

Oh did I mention I went to a free concert a while back? It was held in a church in Highbury and Islington and I walked in to see a rapper performing a drag act as an old victorian granny. It was surreal to say the least. The BEST bit was watching a real life hero of mine, Polar Bear perform my favourite peice ever, ever, ever. How beautiful is this?

No comments: