Friday 14 September 2012

Feels Like...

It's been hectic of late. Really hectic. A lot of my usual chores have been connected by scurrying to find internet access or picking up ordered items and not really taking note of my surroundings despite a new area to explore.It's unlike me, I'm usually very happy to walk along, looking at the clouds and plants and humming to myself. (I am the local mad woman, I accept this).

Today however I noticed something that snapped me out of hum drum and took me right back to my usual self: I sensed Autumn hovering in the wings. The sun was shining but not so hot I couldn't wear jeans and a shirt with a shawl wrapped around my neck. I looked for signs of change and the last of the petals and leaves are stretching out before the oranges and yellows move in. Autumn is there, patiently waiting and gently moving herself in to fill the world with all my favourite things like pumpkin and spice.

Autumn is my absolute favourite time of year: layered clothes, digging out your favourite bots, squashes and stews, bonfires and endless walks. Love it.

Stay playful people x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Autumn is also my favorite time of year. I lived for most of my life in a place that didn't really experience a real, full Autumn. When I moved to a place that I did, I finally realized what all the fuss was about! It is a beautiful, amazing time and I hope you get to enjoy it!