Thursday 9 January 2014

Handspun Heaven

Right before Christmas, I received a package that can only be described as an early Christmas present. Nestled amongst samples of Lo-Lo hand balms, David's teas and some pretty yummy chocolates were these two fabulous skeins. Let me tell you, pictures in the current monsoon weather we're enjoying, do NOT do them justice.


This has left me with two dilemmas. First, what on earth should I knit with them? I adore handspun but thus far it's all gone into the 'Golden Stash', the collection of skeins too precious to pick the perfect project for. I do not want this to happen but yet.... they're perfection itself. Any ideas?



The second problem is the issue of how does one reciprocate? I want something so amazingly mind blowing that the person knows how much I understand the value of handspun.

I wonder how much Benedict Cumberbatch is going for these days?

1 comment:

claireabellum said...

Depending if you want to use them together or separate, My vote its shawl, some of my preferred options are the Wombat shawl:http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/wombat-schaltuch
or Martina Behm's new cowl: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/matchmaker (though all of her stuff is good for handspun, since they go by percentage of total weight, rather than exact yardage)